Central Watch May Press: Finest Hour with Man’s Life Magazine

 

In case you missed it - Central Watch was featured in Man’s Life Magazine! Check out the beautifully done video below:
“My name is Steve Kivel, I’m the owner and operator of Central Watch. Central Watch was started in 1952 by my grandfather Max Kivel. 
A normal day for me is not a normal day for most people. When you're on a 4:58am train, 5 days a week, let me tell you - being able to do that you almost have to train yourself to be like a machine. So for me, there is no season sometimes, there is no change. It all feels just like the same process in the morning.
Grand Central is an iconic place, it’s the largest train station in the world. I’ve never been in any other station like it in my life. When you're at work and going through the rest of your day - it’s rare that I walk out of the store anymore - but every once in a while I'm standing on the balcony and overlooking the masses of people during rush hour, coming in and filtering, almost like I'm watching it on TV and it wasn't real. When you take a moment to sit back and feel its sheer power and its beauty and then you take a moment and just look up and you peer at that ceiling you realize the power of where you're standing.
My grandfather left a legacy here - he took a hole in the wall - which is really what the main store is. Somebody decided to cut a hole, in a wall, and they put a little counter and you’d step up two feet and you're in the hole and that's how we survived. Through him, my dad, and myself, we really built a small empire out of it.
New Yorkers are really focused people. You get a lot of people that are just walking by you and they're just focused because it’s such a fast paced place that we live. In a life what’s two minutes, but to New Yorkers it’s something to keep up with. That pace - it’s something, time is everything.”
At Central Watch, our professionals have been selling and servicing watches since 1952. From vintage timepieces to watch repair and watch straps, we are here to provide exceptional service for all of your watch needs. To view our selection of timepieces or learn more about our services, visit us online or give us a call at (212) 685-1689. 

Comments

Popular Posts