Restore a Timepiece for Your Graduate

 

Watches commonly serve as heirlooms passed down from generation to generation within a family. Timepieces are not just a relic of the past, they also serve as a connection to your lifetime.

With college and even high school graduations around the corner, why not consider gifting your graduate something that can accompany them on their journey through life - a watch! By giving a family watch as a gift for graduation, your family member will appreciate your trust in them to carry on the heirloom until it’s their turn to pass it on.

But how do you ensure your timepiece is in its best possible condition? That’s where we come in. We specialize in restoring heirlooms and have helped many family’s keep their story going strong. Even if you think the damage is beyond repair, it may be something simple that we can mend.

No matter what brand watch you own, we can repair, restore, and preserve your watch to continue your legacy. Read on below for a customer testimonial to see for yourself - we understand that when it comes to heirlooms, nothing is as invaluable.
Dear Steve,

My father came from a dirt poor family in Butte, MT and found his way after the navy to NYU medical school. He married my mother, moved to Northern California and eventually had a very successful pediatrician practice there near Berkeley. My mother, sometime in the 1960s gave my father the Omega Seamaster De Ville as a gift, complete with Speidel wrist band. As far back as I can remember, my father wore this watch every day: in old photos from that time it is clearly seen on his wrist at home and in the office.

During his retirement in Montana, while I was visiting, I fished the Omega out of his dresser drawer. It was a wreck but still worked and I adopted it on the spot. While wearing it in New York City, the band got caught on a car and one of the lugs was ripped off. Again, the watch lived in a drawer for many more years. Shortly before my father died I had Central Watch completely overhaul and repair the Omega with stunning results.The watch is as good as new and reminds me so much of my old dad and everything that watch represented to him: prosperity and good fortune. The only thing that's missing is the cuff of his sleeve, a faint smell of tobacco and aftershave and obviously: my dad himself. Thank you, Steve, for the love and care you put into resurrecting a small part of the life of an 89 year old man. I will keep the watch with me until my nephew, my father's only grandson, is old enough to appreciate it then it will be his.

Thanks again
Mary Rose NYC
Come stop by our shop today or give us a call for more information: 212-685-1689 x1

Comments

Popular Posts